Head of Front-End Development
Are you excited by the opportunity to build a Front End Service Centre from the ground up? Do you enjoy combining the creative and the practical in your thinking? Do you enjoy consulting with clients and engaging in complex problem solving? Are you inspired by leading and developing teams? Are you capable of thinking strategically and functioning as part of a performance driven management team?
Do you imagine belonging to a company that is values driven, where you can grow your career, achieve a work-life balance and participate in work that is meaningful and has purpose? At JET people always come first. Why? Because we believe happy, talented people are the ones who can make the world a better place.
If this sounds like you, the Jade Eli Technologies (JET) has an exciting opportunity open for a Head of Front-End Development based in Portugal.
- Degree in computer science or other related fields. Master’s degree is highly desired Minimum 6 years of experience in Front End Development
- Demonstrated experience leading and training teams
- Experience in a consulting role with face to face experience with clients
- Previous experience of managing teams from a technical perspective and prioritising workloads
- Experience in working with modern application frameworks like React, Angular or Vue.JS will be a plus
- Solid understanding of industry best practices in frontend development
- Experience in maintaining a prioritized product backlog and working in an Agile environment through the use of Agile project management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Eagerness to learn new skills and software
- Must have an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Multitask and manage multiple projects concurrently while remaining flexible through rounds of revisions and maintaining a keen attention to detail
- Must have a flair for the creative and innovative
- Ability to develop conceptualise new opportunities and innovations
- Ability to self-reflect and willingness to grow
- Positive and solution-focused attitude
Multicultural & interdisciplinary teams
Flexible work conditions
Social & environmental projects
Open & honest communication
Learning, mentoring & coaching
Our Core Values
Jade Eli Technologies (JET) is a young, rapidly growing company with offices in Portugal, Malta and Germany. JET’s founders are Markus Henschel and Peta Milan who combined, have experience in business management, emerging technologies, media and consulting. JET is a leading boutique specialist in innovation strategy, management and delivery in the DACH region, leveraging our four technological pillars, OutSystems low-code, blockchain, enterprise AI and gamification. With powerful capability in both web and mobile applications for B2B and B2C solutions, JET uses technology to solve complex business, social and environmental issues, ensuring that its clients receive the strategic and delivery support they require. JET also works with its clients to ensure their teams are trained and enabled to become self-sufficient in managing these new technologies internally.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, please send your cover letter demonstrating why you would succeed in this role and a current CV to us here: