Works closely with
CEO and General Manager
Working alongside a business’ CEO and General Manager, the Group Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant with strong capability in financial, management and project accounting and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
The role of the Finance Director has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes. Growing a team from the ground up, and providing leadership through difficult periods including month end, year-end and annual budgeting, the Group Finance Director would have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets. In periods of change and growth an effective Finance Director is critical, coordinating corporate finance and managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate.
The Group Finance Director must have experience working across different tax and compliance jurisdictions and have the ability to manage a group of companies. The Group Finance Director must also have experience overseeing accounting systems implementation.
- To oversee and manage the implementation of new accounting systems across a group of companies and oversee the employment and management of an accounting and finance team as required.
- To work strategically with the General Manager and CMO to finance and investment strategies with company’s strategic plan for the group of business units, namely low-code, blockchain, enterprise AI, IoT and gamified systems.
- To be hands on in the performance of accounting and finance and compliance tasks where required.
- Form a close working relationship with the CEO, other Senior Executives.
- Provide leadership to the company’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop accounting and finance teams.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to the shareholders.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish financial, management and project accounting methodologies and systems for the company.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
- Oversee the implementation of a new financial system across the group pf companies.
- Minimum Masters Level qualification in Accounting and Finance
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a director role
- Experience and passion for innovation and start-up environments
- Enjoys the thrill of growing businesses
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- Proven track record for designing management accounting and project accounting models and reporting frameworks to meet business needs.
- Experience managing an international group of companies
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.